Abuelitas (Little Grandmas): Children’s Book Release
Time: Sept. 18, 2020, 6 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Location: Virtual Event
Part of the Syracuse Symposium series.
La Casita celebrates Latinx/Hispanic Heritage Month with the release of a new bilingual children’s book, written and illustrated by the young participants in their dual language literacy programs. As a companion project to La Casita's current exhibit, "Abuelas; Ancestral Ways for Future Generations," this fourth annual children's book release contains short personal reflections and illustrations depicting the strong bonds between children and their grandmothers, memories of cherished experiences that shape who they are, and who they will become.
Email La Casita for additional information.
This event is part of Syracuse Symposium’s year-long series on “Futures.”
- Latino-Latin American Studies Program (College of Arts & Sciences)
- Program on Latin America and the Caribbean (PLACA, Maxwell School)
- Languages, Literatures & Linguistics, Spanish Program (LLL)
- LGBT Resource Center
- Puerto Rican Student Association
- La LUCHA Student Organizations
Tere Paniagua, La Casita